Saturday July 26th
The Amazing Morse [Kindle Edition]
James Rozoff (Author)
When Dave Morse was young, magic meant everything to him. But as he grew up, the magic seemed to slip away from his life. Until a chance encounter with a spiritualist changed all that. Then there was magic again, magic and mystery…and terror. Now Dave is just praying it will end.
A novel of psychological horror by James Rozoff.
How to Write a Novel Using the Snowflake Method [Kindle Edition]
Randy Ingermanson (Author)
A Magical Key to Unlock Your Creative Wizard
Are you writing a novel, but having trouble getting your first draft written? You’ve heard of “outlining,” but that sounds too rigid for you. You’ve heard of “organic writing,” but that seems a bit squishy to you.
Take a look at the wildly popular Snowflake Method—a battle-tested series of ten steps that jump-start your creativity and help you quickly map out your story. All around the world, novelists are using the Snowflake Method right now to ignite their imaginations and get their first drafts down on paper.
In this book, you’ll follow the story of a fictitious novelist as she learns to tap into the amazing power of the Snowflake Method. Almost magically, she finds her story growing from a simple idea into a deep and powerful novel. And she finds her novel changing her—turning her into a stronger, more courageous person.
Zany, Over the Top, and Just Plain Fun
How to Write a Novel Using the Snowflake Method is a “business parable”—a how-to guide written in story form. It’s zany. It’s over the top. It’s just plain fun. Most important, it’s effective, because it shows you, rather than telling you.
You’ll learn by example how to grow your story idea into a sizzling first draft.
- How to define your “target audience” the right way, so you know exactly how your ideal readers think and feel. Forget what the experts tell you about “demographics.”
- How to create a dynamite selling tool that will instantly tell people whether they’ll love your story or hate it. And you want them to either love it or hate it.
- How to get inside the skin of every one of your characters—even your villain. Especially your villain.
- How to find a deep, emotively powerful theme for your story. Do you know the one best point in your novel to unveil your theme—when your reader is most eager to hear it?
- How to know when to backtrack, and why backtracking is essential to writing great fiction.
- How to fire-test each scene to guarantee it’ll be high-impact—before you write it.